1. According to the South Africa Race, There are almost 50m black people in SA, and white people are down to a 2m.
2. The ANC, a majority-black party, has been in power since 1994. There is little to no room for whites in government.
3. Whites are discriminated against on all levels (for instance, through Black Economic Empowerment, e.g., when they apply for jobs). There must, by law, be equal representation vis-á-vis the population mix. However, this is not the norm when applied to whites (e.g., at least 2 out of 50 opportunities). In practice, this means that blacks would get preference even though they might by far not be the best-qualified candidates, e.g., appointments in the medical, economic/financial, and academic sectors. In some fields, such as medicine, it has become almost impossible for white students to get university entrance, even if they are at the very top of school leavers.
What Is The Present Scenario?
Presently it seems that land will be distributed to blacks without compensation for white owners, even as some of these farms belonged to white families for 350 years.
A substantial part of the economy (e.g., in the mining sector) has been handed out to blacks free of charge.
It would be tough to find a group of white working people who would believe they dominate blacks.
However, on the left, there will be voices that argue that white people still execute a form of domination (especially in the economy) due to the legacy of apartheid.
* From the left, it argues that white needs were paramount during apartheid and that this historical imbalance should now be rectified, among other things, by broadscale ‘affirmative action’ and ‘black empowerment’ throughout society.
Common Misconceptions About South Africa Race:
1. That WHITES rule: Wrong, the ANC (African National Congress party) governs & rules in 8 of the 9 Provinces, the exception being the Western Cape Province, which is ruled by the Democratic Alliance (DA party). South Africa’s LARGEST spender of MONEY is the GOVERNMENT.
2. That WHITES are not AFRICAN: Wrong, what are you if you were born & raised on the African continent?
3. WHITES own 85% of the arable land: Wrong; The former HOMELANDS are all mostly ARABLE. Still, the farming on such properties is SUBSISTENCE farming and NOT calculated into the above 85% statistic. The SA Government also has LOADS of LAND that it can make available for DEVELOPMENT & FARMING.
4. That whites STOLE the LAND they have: A LIE, the early SETTLERS bartered with CATTLE, deals of Cattle retrieval & protection from hostile CHIEFS & KINGS, for LAND. Some land in the former TRANSVAAL & FREESTATE Republics were desolate due to droughts & the Zulu King Shaka’s MFECANE raids against other TRIBES. Some land was taken by CONQUEST as has happened throughout the history of ALL HUMANKIND. But positively, not ALL the LAND as is portrayed by modern POLITICIANS.