Fashion trends keep on changing with time, and if you want to look your best, you have to upgrade your style. Africa is a vast continent with over fifty countries, and so the fashion trends are also diverse, and they vary from one coast to another. From rich and old traditional African clothing like dashiki and kaftan to modern styles, the African sense is one of the best. It takes inspiration from its culture, languages, food, music, wildlife, and nature.
Many general Africa fashion trends are prevalent in the world. African fashion has always been bold, bright, and beautiful. And here, we look at the best trends for 2020 that you can choose to incorporate in your wardrobe.
Women’s Wear Africa Fashion Trends
- Big sleeves: Now, you can make a statement with the puffy sleeves that have a bell and trumpet shape to your dresses and blouses for fun. Not only does it looks great, but it is also elegant, girly, and sophisticated at the same time. It is a great way to make a fashion statement when you are going out. If you want to go for big and dramatic sleeves, you can choose large frills and ruffles, and if you want a softer look, you can select bishop style sleeves.
- Off the shoulder: It was one of the most popular trends in the 80s and is an excellent style stamen in today’s time too. It can help you in making a simple outfit look attractive by adding more style, elegance, and glam to it. Moreover, the method is unique and versatile, which makes it perfect with long length dresses and tops.
- Side Slits: It is a good trend that girls love and it goes exceptionally well with long skirts and dresses. Moreover, they can help you in elongating your silhouette, making you look taller. It should not start too high or too low, ensuring that the leg show is of the right amount.
- Kimono: It is a tradition that is from Japan, but looking at the hot and humid climate of African countries, it suits the place perfectly.
Men’s Wear For You To Choose
- Animal prints: When it comes to men fashion trends, bold animal prints can never go out of fashion. They are popular among men, including cheetah spots and zebra stripes. It is perfect to wear small attire at a time, rather than covering yourself from head to toe with the same.
- Colorful suits: Though usually people prefer to go for a grey or a blue suit. But when it comes to casual outfits, it is always better to go with a variety of different colors. It is fun, stylish, and bold, and is ideal if you want to stand out in a crowd.
- Kaftan: It is a traditional long and loose garment that is very common in West Africa. They are usually worn on special occasions, but you can also choose to wear it on casual occasions. It is ideal for all the events and is extremely comfortable.