Uganda is a landlocked country located in the eastern part of Africa. Bordered by Kenya to the north, Tanzania to the east, Rwanda to the south, and Congo to the west, Uganda is home to over 35 million people. The country is known for its lush green landscape, incredible wildlife, and rich culture. If you’re looking for an amazing African adventure, be sure to add Uganda to your list!
Practical Information About Uganda: How To Get There, What To Pack And More!
Getting there is half the fun! The capital of Uganda, Kampala International Airport (EBB), welcomes flights from all over the world. It’s easy to find affordable plane tickets on discount travel sites like Kayak or Skyscan ner. Once you’re in Uganda, the best way to get around is by bus or taxi.
When packing for your trip to Uganda, be sure to bring plenty of light clothing and insect repellent. The weather is hot and humid year-round, so pack clothes that will keep you cool and comfortable. And don’t forget your camera! Uganda is home to some incredible animals and plants that are perfect photo opportunities.
Food in Uganda is very affordable, with an average meal costing around $12 USD per person. If you’re on a budget, then stick to local restaurants or street vendors where meals cost less than $50 UAH ($17 USD). Uganda’s currency is UAH (ugandan shillings), which can be exchanged at banks and major hotels throughout the country. Uganda has a tropical climate, so it’s important to drink plenty of water when you’re there. Also, avoid drinking tap water unless it’s bottled or filtered otherwise your stomach may get upset.
Best Things To Do In uganda: A Comprehensive List!
There’s so much to see and do in Uganda, it can be hard to know where to start! Here are some of the best things to do in this incredible country:
– Take a safari tour and see lions, elephants, hippos, and more!
– Visit one of Uganda’s many national parks, including Queen Elizabeth National Park or Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
– Go hiking on the Rwenzori mountains (also known as “mountains of the moon”). These snow capped peaks are located near Uganda’s border with Congo. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even climb to the summit of Mt. Stanley, the highest peak in Africa!
– Relax on a white sand beach at Lake Victoria, Uganda’s largest lake.
– Visit one of Uganda’s many traditional villages and learn about local customs and culture.
– Go shopping in Kampala, Uganda’s vibrant capital city.
Uganda is a beautiful and welcoming country, with something for everyone! Whether you’re looking for an adventure or a relaxing getaway, Uganda is the perfect destination. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!