If you thought that all Africans followed only one culture, then you are mistaken. Africa is a land of many different cultures. Therefore, if you ever set out to explore this vast continent, do make it a point to know more about the different cultures in Africa. So, here is a summary of the various African cultures.
Different African Cultures
There are many African tribes with different cultures. It has 50 independent countries. Also, there are 3,000 diverse tribes in Africa with 11 recognized dialects and languages.
Masai of Kenya and Tanzania
This tribe has a rough population of 840,000. The red-clad Maasai of Kenya and Tanzania dress up according to the Great Plains and Savannahs of Africa. They are very powerful warriors and pastoralists who have roamed the wilderness of Africa for more than 500 years. Some of their important traditions are jumping dance, spitting, and drinking of blood and wearing the colorful shuka.
Himba of Northwest Namibia
This region in Northwest Namibia is home to resilient people of Africa. Their number might be around 50,000. They are hunter-gatherers and pastoralists. Their life revolves around the holy fire. Through the smoke coming from the fire, they seek a connection with their ancestors. Their holy fire burns in the center of their village. Also, these are nomadic people who travel from waterhole to waterhole rearing cattle and goats. The most characteristic feature of this tribe is their unique hairstyle. They color their hair in red ochre body paint and wear sheepskin leather ornaments.
Shop These Products Online
Take your love for Africa further by indulging in a unique African shopping experience online for our web portal. Browse the following products available on our site.
African Dashiki Terno for Men
- FOR FASHIONABLE MEN: This pair of dashiki top and pants are perfect for men who like to dress up in a neat yet fashionable wardrobe.
- TRADITIONAL WEAR: This pair perfectly combines the traditional African clothing for men with modern minimalist style.
- COMFORTABLE FABRIC: This ensemble is breathable and has soft cotton making it very comfortable to wear.
- SIZES AVAILABLE: The size ranges from medium to 4XL. Refer to the size chart to get the perfect size for you.
High Fashion African Long Dress
- STAND OUT FASHION: This is the perfect dress to wear on the next party you attend. This dress perfectly mixes the traditional fashion of Africa with modern beading and style.
- COMPLETE ENSEMBLE: The purchase also includes a matching fabric that you can use as a headdress for the complete attire.
- FINE BEADWORK: The dress is designed with synthetic pearls and rhinestones which give it a very regal and elegant vibe.
- ONE SIZE FITS MOST: The dress comes in free size but fits average women. Refer to the size chart to get the actual measurements.
Gold-Plated Ethiopian Bangles for Women
- TRADITIONALLY STYLISH: Accentuate your daily outfit with these beautiful bangles that will surely bring elegance to your style.
- YOUR CHOICE OF PCS: You can buy these bangles by piece or inset. Pick the package that will rightfully match your style.
- 24K DUBAI GOLD: The bangles are made from copper that is then gold plated to give it that authentic color without the price tag.
- LONG-LASTING: With proper care and cleaning, these bangles will retain its beautiful luster up to 2 years.